Directions to Chena Hot Springs Resort
Chena Hot Springs Resort is located approximately 60 miles Northeast of Fairbanks at Mile 56.5 the very end of Chena Hot Springs Road!
Enjoy one of the most scenic drives in Alaska as you travel to the resort. Travel time to the resort from Fairbanks is usually less than one hour and 15 minutes from downtown...unless you stop to take pictures of the wildlife and epic scenery.
Depending upon the season it is often possible to see moose, beaver, bears, eagles, fox, coyote and ravens along the way.
Please travel safely and keep an open eye out for moose that may be feeding along the way.
Driving directions from Fairbanks International Airport
6450 Airport Way, Fairbanks, AK 99709 Way, Fairbanks, AK 99709
- Head northwest on Airport Way from airport
- Continue on Airport Way for 1.9 mi
- Turn left onto University Ave go 0.9 mi
- Turn right onto Johansen Expressway go 4.2 mi
- Turn left onto the Steese Highway AK-2 headed North go 2.6 mi
- Take the Chena Hot Springs Road exit to the right, go 0.3 mi
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Chena Hot Springs and go to the VERY END of the road, which is approximately 56.5 mi.
Total 62.3 mi About 1 hour 15 mins
These directions are for planning purposes only. You may find that construction projects, traffic, weather, or other events may cause conditions to differ from the map results, and you should plan your route accordingly. You must obey all signs or notices regarding your route.
If you are using google maps direct your map to Chena Hot Springs Resort Airport.
Chena Hot Springs Resort is located at milepost 56.5 which is at the very end of Chena Hot Springs Road. Open year-round, the scenic drive takes a little over an hour from downtown Fairbanks. It is common to see wildlife, especially moose, along the way.
CHENA SHUTTLE GROUND VAN TRANSPORTATION
Chena Hot Springs Resorts offers Chena Shuttle which is convenient round trip van transportation. It is included in most of our packages or for an extra fee for guests staying overnight in one of our lodge rooms. We can pick you up from the Fairbanks Airport, or any Fairbanks Hotel or downtown location.
- Please call (907) 451-8104 x 7 for the Chena Shuttle schedule as it varies daily.
- Guests MUST book ground van transportation at least 72 hours in advance.
- Shuttle schedules are subject to change to ensure our guests safety, airline connections, and timely transportation to and from the resort. Chena Hot Springs Resort staff will make every effort to notify guests of changes.
- Chena Hot Springs Resort reserves the right to adjust the shuttle schedule to best accommodate our guests and to continue our quest to be a "green" resort by consolidating shuttles when possible to reduce our carbon footprint.
Or simply rent a car at the airport or drive your own vehicle via the year-round paved road from Fairbanks.
We offer our round trip Chena shuttle to guests staying overnight at $195 for a single traveler or $125 per guest for 2 or more on the same reservation.
One way shuttle is $130 for a single traveler & $65 per guest for 2 or more on the same reservation.
All package pricing includes round trip Chena shuttle except for the Romantic Getaway and Ice Carving Workshop CLASS packages.
The Resort has a private 3000 ft runway available for experienced private pilots. Please call (907) 451-8104 x 2 to obtain permission from our GM or Operations Manager to land prior to arriving at the resort. Pilots must have a minimum of 50 hours in the aircraft they will be flying to be given permission to land.
ROAD RULES AND ADVICE
Due to our extreme temperatures during the winter months, it is recommended that our driving guests carry an extension cord in their vehicle for engine heaters and battery chargers. Limited plug-ins are available at the resort for guest use but are first come first serve.
Navigating the road to the resort is one of the most pleasant experiences you could ever imagine. As with any Alaskan road it can be dangerous and unpredictable, especially in the winter. Please drive safe and check the road conditions before you set out on your journey. Please visit the road conditions section and check it for updates regularly. Please drive safe and remember to stop and help your fellow motorist if they appear to need assistance. It’s the law and the right thing to do!
The road to Chena is full of wonderful sights and sounds, including wildlife of all species. The Alaskan Moose is one of the most common sights. Please be prepared to encounter moose in all their glory and marvel in their presence. They are a very majestic creature but please slow down when you see them. They can be unpredictable and dangerous, especially when startled. Always slow down and give them plenty of space. Never approach them and always observe them from a distance.
Revised JUNE 1, 2015 1PM DF