Directions to Chena Hot Springs Resort
Chena Hot Springs Resort is located approximately 60 miles Northeast of Fairbanks at Mile 56.5 Chena Hot Springs Road.
Enjoy one of the most scenic drives in Alaska as you travel to the resort. Travel time to the resort from Fairbanks is usually less than 1.5 hours ...unless you stop to take pictures of the wildlife and epic scenery.
Depending upon the season it is often possible to see moose, beaver, bears, eagles, fox, coyote and ravens along the way.
Please travel safely and keep an open eye out for moose that may be feeding along the way.
Driving directions from Fairbanks International Airport
6450 Airport Way, Fairbanks, AK 99709 Way, Fairbanks, AK 99709
- Head northwest on Airport Way toward Rd North go 440 ft
- Slight right onto Rd North go 0.3 mi
- Continue onto Airport Way go 1.9 mi
- Turn left onto University Ave go 0.9 mi
- Turn right onto Johansen Expressway go 4.2 mi
- Turn left onto State Highway AK-2 headed North go 2.6 mi
- Take the Chena Hot Springs Road exit to the right headed West go 0.3 mi
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Chena Hot Springs and go to the END of the road. go 56.5 mi
Total 62.3 mi About 1 hour 4 mins
These directions are for planning purposes only. You may find that construction projects, traffic, weather, or other events may cause conditions to differ from the map results, and you should plan your route accordingly. You must obey all signs or notices regarding your route.
If you are using google maps direct your map to Chena Hot Springs Resort Airport.
Chena Shuttle Ground Van Transportation
Chena Hot Springs Resorts offers convenient round trip transportation from the Fairbanks Airport, or any Fairbanks Hotel or downtown location for a fee.
- $99 for one way $195 for round trip for one person traveling alone
- $65 for one way and $125 per person round trip for 2 or more passengers in same van on same reservation.
- Guests MUST book ground van transportation at least 72 hours in advance.
Or simply rent a car at the airport or drive your own vehicle via the year-round paved road from Fairbanks.
Private 3000 ft runway is available. Please call (907) 451-8104 x 2 first for permission from our Assistant GM or Operations Manager to land. Pilots must have a minimum of 50 hours in the aircraft they will be flying to be given permission to land at the resort.
REV JAN. 30, 2014 10AM