Open Water Diver Course
Test the Waters along with Chena Hot Springs Resort is offering an opportunity to dive into a PADI (Professional Association of Dive Instructors) Open Water Diver course, the most popular dive program in the world!
This is your ticket to a lifetime of intense adventure with PADI, the dive company that sets the standards in the global diving community.
To check for course availability and to signup for these opportunities please contact the Instructors at Test the Waters.
“Discover SCUBA Diving Experience”
- A beginners class held in the indoor pool at Chena Hot Springs Resort
- Time length 2 hr. class
- Fee: $100 per student
- 4 student minimum
“Open Water Certification”
- Open water testing for this program will be done in an outdoor pond at Chena Hot Springs Resort
- 8 student minimum
- Time length: 4 day program in addition to class room instruction
- Fee: $800
- Interested guests must contact Test The Waters to register for a class.
What is a PADI Open Water Certificate?
- As a certified PADI Open Water Diver, the most widely recognized and respected rating in the world, you have the freedom to dive with a buddy independent of a professional. If you already tried a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience or are PADI Scuba Diver certified, check with your instructor to see how credit from these courses may apply to the open water program.
Who can participate?
- Anyone that is in good health, reasonably fit, comfortable in the water, older than the age of 10 can begin the PADI Open Water Diver program to earn a PADI Open Water Diver certification.
- (Note) Participants between 10 and 14 years old will be PADI Junior Open Water Diver Certified. A PADI Jr Open Water Diver between the ages of 10 and 11 years may only dive with a PADI Professional, a certified parent or certified guardian to a maximum depth of 12 metres/40 feet.
What does the course include?
- Throughout the course, you'll learn fundamentals of scuba diving, including dive equipment and techniques. You earn this rating by completing five pool dives and knowledge development sessions and by making four open water (ocean or lake) dives.
How long will it take to complete the program?
- PADI programs are performance based and you will complete the course as you demonstrate mastery of the course skills.
- This allows you to work at a pace that is comfortable for you.